Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:30 pm “A Tribute to Traditions” is a performance message conveying why heritage, customs and traditions remain relevant as we navigate perpetual shifts in the world. As ambassadors of the richness of African culture and the facilitators of techniques and choreography, we have created an educational and entertaining experience for all people.
The May 16th presentation will culturally explore the essence of Thiossane in a cacophony of discussion subjects to observe and enjoy. We invite you to join us! Immerse yourself in the enthralling performance, join in the dialogue of preservation and the perpetuation of arts and humanity, while witnessing a traditional initiation of our three high school scholars, which will include the participants of our community outreach programs.
- $25.00 in person reserved distance seating
- $25.00 virtual until May 12th
- $32.00 after May 12th *Virtual
This event will offer in person and virtual viewing options. In person tickets must be purchased through CAPA box office at www.lincolntheatrecolumbus.com. The virtual purchase is available now CLICK HERE. For more information contact us at email@example.com
- March 31: Cleveland State University, African Students Association 630p
- March 30 – April 1: Third Annual Dance Exchange with Maimouna Keita School of African Dance
- Thiossane West African Dance Institute principal dancer Quianna Simpson will present and perform at the Annual Conference and Concert
- April 27 – 29: OhioDance Festival, hosted by OSU, Department of Dance
April 27, 10 am – OhioDance Young Artist ConcertApril 29, 1:45 pm – OhioDance Festival Master African Dance Workshop, with Suzan Bradford Kounta
- May 18 & 19: Annual Concert – The Spider Weaver: The Legend of the Kente Cloth, Lincoln Theatre 6:30p
- May 26 & 27: Cheikh Tairou MBaye Annual Memorial Conference and Concert
New York, New York Alvin Ailey School of Dance